An in-game store for cosmetics and Quick Play Weaves are also live.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 launched in February 2018 but is still receiving new content. Today marks the launch of Season 2 for PC which adds Drachenfel, a map from the first game, for free. This is the first of three free maps that will drop during the season.
Other features include Quick Play Weaves (which now support bots and sport different queues for each of the five difficulties) and Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders. The latter is the previously discussed in-game shop where players can purchase cosmetics. You can earn in-game Shillings to purchase new skins and hats by finishing daily and weekly quests. Though there are cosmetics that can be purchased with real money directly through Steam, their number is far less than those acquired with Shillings.
It also doesn’t hurt that each player who owns one of the previously released DLC will receive a bag of Shillings for each as a one-time gift. They can also take up additional quests, potentially increasing the amount earned. Check out some of the patch notes below for more details.
Vermintide 2 patch 2.1.0
Against the Grain
- Fixed an issue where a player who dies during the escape sequence respawns in an illogical location.
Convocation of Decay
- Fixed a patrol path to stop a particular patrol spawn from getting stuck.
- Fixed a location where enemies would do a long leap to players at a specific location instead of just pathing as expected,
- Players should now be able to complete “Feed Me Sinner!” on Cataclysm difficulty.
Fortunes of War
- Fixed a spot where players could mitigate enemy attacks entirely.
- Fix for lamp oil and explosive barrels (and general pickup tweaks).
- Fixed a situation where a player who died could respawn behind a closed door in the Gargoyle area.
- Fixed a few sticky spots where players could get stuck.
- Enemies can no longer phase through the closed tavern door in the village area.
- There was a particular place where bots loved to suicide. We gave them some jump assist in this area.
- Fixed a spot where the AI navmesh was floating ever so slightly above the terrain.
- Fixed a few hang-ledges so players don’t just drop off an edge to immediate death where intended.
- Changed how bar is filled to complete the Weaves, now objectives are always 80% of the bar and the rest of the 20% is collected by killing at least 80% enemies spawned by terror events (roamers are worth very little).
- Enabled Bots for use in Quickplay Weaves.