The long-awaited patch brings performance optimizations and bug fixes.
After releasing in select regions, CD Projekt RED has confirmed that update 3.6 is now available for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch. In addition to integration with save files from Steam and GOG, it also supports Switch files from different regions. Perhaps the most significant part of the update are the graphical improvements.
Along with more graphics options, the update fixes a number of bugs. Fixes for gameplay issues and crashes have also also been implemented along with performance optimizations. It will take some time before it can be determined whether these fixes were “worth the wait” as developer Saber Interactive promised.
Despite all of its issues at launch, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition on Switch is still a faithful port. In fact, its launch resulted in 554 percent more copies being sold in December 2019 compared to the same period the previous year (even if you don’t factor the release of the Netflix show). Stay tuned for more details on future patches and check out the full list of changes in update 3.6 below.
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam, and versions of the game
- for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimizations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various gameplay and crash fixes.
- While transferring saves from PC, please keep in mind: Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file. If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won’t be able to recognize it.