Play as The Legend of Zelda’s Link with the new Master Sword item.
Nintendo’s massive new update for Super Mario Maker 2 – which allows players to become Link from The Legend of Zelda with the Master Sword – is now live. Other new course parts include the Spike, Pokey, P Block, Frozen Coin and Dash Block. As noted previously, the Master Sword is only available in the Super Mario Bros. style.
Other new additions include Ninja Speedruns where players can test their speed against others’ ghosts – manifested as Ninjis – in custom courses. Nintendo has also updated its Detailed Search options for courses, allowing players to sort by “Date Uploaded” and “Number of Plays”. A variety of other issues for a more “pleasant gaming experience”.
Check out the full patch notes here with some highlights below. Super Mario Maker 2 released on June 2019 for Nintendo Switch and has had over four million courses uploaded as of July 2019. You can check out our review of the game here. Stay tuned for more updates (hopefully adding more classic Nintendo characters) in the meantime.
- The Ninji Speedruns mode has been added.
- New conditions have been added to Detailed Search when searching for courses.
- Multiplayer Versus courses can now be displayed in order of popularity.
- Course searches can now be further refined by applying the “Date Uploaded” condition.
- Course searches can now be further refined by applying the “Number of Plays” condition.
- The number of likes a maker has received will now be displayed in the Overview section of their Maker Profile.
- Makers are now less likely to lose Maker Points when uploading a new course.
- As part of this change, Maker Points may revert to their value prior to installing this update.
- Issues have been fixed to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.