A new map and custom servers are coming soon.
While the next entry in the Battlefield series will be taking a hiatus and not releasing until next gen consoles are on the market, Battlefield 5 is still running pretty strong, and there’s plenty of juice left in that tank until the next game comes, including a frequently requested feature and a familiar setting.
Fans of the franchise will know Wake Island well. It’s been a staple of the series, dating back to the original Battlefield 1942. For the fifth game in the franchise, it’s finally returning, which you can see a trailer for below, and it’s more gorgeous than ever.
Along with the beloved map, there’s also custom servers that will allow you to customize games. You can change the size, the name, the modes, the maps, and a lot more with the update. They are also planning to update those features in 2020, with even more options such as server descriptions, turning off the minimap, and a lot more. You can read a partial list below, and see the whole thing at the game’s forums through here.
Battlefield 5 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Custom servers, called Community Games, will launch on December 9th, with Wake Island dropping December 12th.
- Create, delete, update, and name one or several configurations
- Create and join a Community Game
- Automatically generated server name
- Choose game size (16, 32, 64)
- Choose how many rounds the server should play (max 20)
- Choose the mode
- Choose the maps
- Choose a password (between 3-8 characters)
- Choose the pre-round size (how many players are needed to break out of pre-round)
- Kick players from the server
- Ban and manage banned players (session only)
- Special Community Games filter in Advanced Search